Matimex wants to recognize the excellence in architecture and presents the 3rd edition PIAM, International Architecture Contest, dedicated in this occasion to the Architecture of the Balance “Menssana in corporesano”.
Many architectural spaces are partly or entirely dedicated to the attempt to achieve this balance: sports facilities, gyms, alternativetreatment centres, spas, wellness hotels, beauty centres, as well as centres dedicated entirely to health and medical treatments.
The company, from Iris Ceramica Group, wants to show its support to environment with the contest. The use of products with finishedACTIVE Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramicwill be consideredan advantage.Andthe use, in the projects, to the certification LEED or BREAM; the jury also will evaluatein the projects the quality, originality, creativity, and the correct use to the products from the Iris Ceramica Group.
This prize is addressed to professionals and students associated with the architecture, technical architecture, design, interior design, engineering and with similar profiles with this characteristics.
The jury is composed withinternational professionals associated with the architecture, the design and the sustainability:
- Federica Minozzi. Iris Ceramica Group CEO, Italy.
- Juan-Luis GrafullaGaspar. Matimex CEO and General Manager.
- Nini Andrade Silva. Interior designer and painter. Founder of Atelier Nini Andrade Silva in Funchal and Lisboa.
- Jacinto Arenas Serna. General Manager of Ares Arquitectos, México.
- Carlos Lamela De Vargas. Architect. Executive Chairman of Estudio Lamela.
- Isabel López Vilalta.Interior Designer.Founding partner in Isabel López Vilalta + Asociados.
- Carlos Martín Ramírez. Manager of L35 Arquitectos, Madrid.
The prizes, in net amount, are:
- Professional category:
1st prize: 3.000 €
2nd prize: 1.000 €
1st Honorable mention: no cash prize
2ndHonorable mention: no cash prize
- Students category:
1st prize: 1.000 €
2nd prize: 500 €
The inscription and delivery: from 30thof January to 8th Maythrough the PIAM’s web (www.premiosmatimex.com). Consult the web for any questions.